National Schools’ Regatta are really excited to announce a new initiative for 2019 – THE BEST MARQUEE COMPETITION.
NSR regular, High Performance Parenting will be sponsoring the competition as well as providing prizes and assisting in the judging.
There’s no need for schools and clubs to enter, ALL marquees, big and small, will be judged on Saturday lunchtime and prizes will be awarded that evening.
The judges will not be looking at who has the biggest marquee or the biggest budget, but rather each school or club marquee will be judged on the following criteria:
- A friendly and welcoming environment where new parents feel as supported and confident as established parents.
- Good zoning so that parents, coaches and athletes are all able to fulfil their roles, without treading on each other’s toes.
- A proud display of school colours, emblems and ethos.
- Examples of good nutrition, hydration and shade for athletes to be able to do their best.
- Good sharing of information e.g. programmes and results shared, available or displayed.
- Examples of care for the environment.
- Attention to detail, the little touches that make the difference.
NSR and High Performance Parenting are very aware that parents and supporters groups put a huge amount of time, organisation and effort into their marquees but they are often the unsung heroes of the event. We want to highlight the work of the parents and recognise that hard work.
There will be one WINNER of the BEST MARQUEE 2019 and various runners up. The total prize value of over £500, includes discounts to HPP workshops, useful resources for parents and a whole host of other goodies.
We look forward to seeing you in your marquees in a few weeks time!
Thanks to all your efforts at NSR18, we are delighted to announce that we are one of the top three finalists for the inaugural World Rowing Award for Sustainability! This Award is the latest initiative in FISA’s long history...